hpr2962 :: Bespoke bike building
Brian in Ohio continues his bike building project
Hosted by Brian in Ohio on Tuesday 2019-12-10 is flagged as Clean and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: bicycle, recumbent, recycle.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (2)
Part of the series: Bicycle Hacking
Maintaining, enhancing and repairing bikes; also the creation of new bikes from recycled ones.
- hpr 1282 john kulps efforts
- hpr 2869 part one of my build
- hpr 2875 part two
- recycled recumbent
- fish mouth cutting on recumbents.com
(The images below may be clicked to view the full-sized versions)
mocking up parts to see spacing, especially the crankset
laying out ‘fishmouth’ cut, used to connect two tubes
another layout picture, note marks on tube
test fitting assembly one, the engine room
brazing complete! assembly one done
setting up assembly tube, gray tube slips inside the red tube
need to cut that small tab off, get to hear this in the recording
jigging up the frame, similar to john kulps set up, see hpr 1282
still in the jig but all brazed up, top half of frame done!
the next part will be modifiying the rear triangle and brazing it where i’m pointing to.
- all in all, went better than expected, i’ll clean up those brazing joints after the bike is done and has been ridden for a while, before I paint it.
- brazing isn’t as difficult as i thought it might be. give it a try its a cool hacker skill!
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr2962.wav