- dont ever use return to launch pad or anything always use quick save and load etc .. quick save before launch etc...
- stay away from missions that are high altitudes/ and low speed etc ... for now. stick with ones that are ALT or SPEED only .. do both only if you are sure you can do it.
- use F12 to keep an eye on physics
- to EVA in space you need upgrade astronaut complex first ...
- hit the rest button in the build menu to reset all the stage to .. logical order
- My rules of thumb for parachutes:
- Mk1s are good for a ton each.
- Radials and drogues are good for 1.5t each.
- Mk2s are good for 2t each.
- build a plane to do "conduct survey" missions ...
- missing SAS buttons ? upgrade at tracking and mission control then level up your Pilot to 3 or use tech tree to unlock mod with SAS https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/186853-most-efficient-way-to-level-up-pilots/
- try to just focuses on missions you can complete easily
- when you finish a mission keep an eye on the recovery mod or % at the end it will tell you in the report how much money you lost ....
- sub assembly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUyKH4NC1M
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqWppFJGbY8 ( unlock tech tree )
- A good rule of thumb is to simply keep the ship between 200-300 m/s until you are above 12k meters so you aren't burning extra fuel to get through the lower atmosphere where you're going to experience the most drag. https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-7ICWbZUDjlBrsHIS8mEEj3xIMUQwlp5
- different rockets work better in vacuum of Space
- for large payloads: Fuel Flow & Asparagus Staging | KSP Beginner's Guide
- NERV Rocket : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s90tSM0oowo
- 223 hrs and just now getting to build/mechjeb OK...
- COM ranges https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/CommNet
- sat build! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYCk_pYx_kE :
- AE-F33 shell (faring)
- TR-V2 decopuler
- dawn engine
- 2 x pb-x150 xeono
- small inline reaction wheel
- z-200 battery
- ra-15 sat
- OK-T02 probe (remote control )
- communion 16 (for kerbal coms)
- 2x gigantor solar array
- toggle debeis and clean up !
- @KSpaceAcademy @KSA_MissionCtrl #KSP #KSP2 @SquadDevs @KerbalSpaceP
Subscribe to the comments RSS feed.
Comment #1 posted on 2021-04-17T09:30:34Z by Aaronb
Have you seen xkcd about Kerbal
Note to Verbose Commenters
If you can't fit everything you want to say in the comment below then you really should record a response show instead.
Note to Spammers
All comments are moderated. All links are checked by humans. We strip out all html. Feel free to record a show about yourself, or your industry, or any other topic we may find interesting. We also check shows for spam :).