In this episode, our two ageing heroes host an eclectic panel of kernel contributors of a small, mostly unknown operating system called "Linux". The panelists hail from all over the planet (sadly, no money or love would buy Richard's or Linus' way onto that panel :-) but the discussion proves more than interesting regardless of these uber-nerds being absent. All will be revealed including the true age of Linux, one of Chris' secret obsessions (hint: it's not software bugs), Linus Torvald's thought process and evolution as such. Never mind Linux's second future high-level programming language... Plus: a philosophical discussion of the social impact of insulting from a pan-cultural perspective. Don't miss out on this!
- Linux Kernel Archives: https://www.kernel.org
- Device Tree System documentation: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/devicetree/usage-model.html
- Linux BDFL: http://torvalds-family.blogspot.com
- Linux kernel police: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOcwNm7sqlw
- MythBusters: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383126
- Conflict Resolution Network: https://www.crnhq.org
- Sage Sharp (left the project due to the nature of Linus' comments): https://sage.thesharps.us