hpr3369 :: Linux Inlaws S01E33: The Return of the Rust
A show with Steve Klabnik on corroded metal, hipster programming languages and the analogue world
Hosted by monochromec on Thursday 2021-07-01 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Rust, actix, unsafe code, bulleted lists, pubs, OpenSearch.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (1)
Part of the series: Linux Inlaws
This is Linux Inlaws, a series on free and open source software, black humour, the revolution and freedom in general (this includes ideas and software) and generally having fun.
In this episode - aptly named "The return of the Rust" our two heroes host a very special guest: no other than Steve Klabnik of Rust fame himself. Needless to say, this hipster programming language which is on everbody's mind at the moment (apart maybe from a few lost souls still crying over spilled coffee) plays a very important role in this show in addition to the newly founded Rust Foundation hosting such eclectic members such as Microsoft, Mozilla, Google and Facebook just to name a few looking after the language.
- Rust: https://www.rust-lang.org
- Rust Foundation: https://foundation.rust-lang.org
- Steve Klabnik: https://steveklabnik.com
- Ruby on Rails: https://rubyonrails.org
- PyOxidizer: https://github.com/indygreg/PyOxidizer
- Mercurial: https://www.mercurial-scm.org
- actix controversy: https://github.com/actix/actix-web/issues/289
- OpenSearch: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/opensource/introducing-opensearch
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3369.wav