hpr3424 :: Infosec Podcasts Part 6 - Infosec Leadership
Presenting my favorite information security leadership podcasts
Hosted by Trey on Thursday 2021-09-16 is flagged as Clean and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: infosec, podcasts, security, leadership.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: Podcast recommendations
This is an open series where Hacker Public Radio listeners can share and recommend podcasts that they listen to.
Inoffensive in every region of the world.
Thank you to everyone who has listened to my previous episodes. This is the final episode in the Infosec Podcasts series.
I listen to many, MANY podcasts. The vast majority of these are related to information security.
Because there are so many podcasts to list, I have broken them down into 6 different episodes based on topics:
- Part 1 - News & Current Events - Episode 3324
- Part 2 - General Information Security - Episode 3334
- Part 3 - Career & Personal Development - Episode 3344
- Part 4 - Social Engineering - Episode 3368
- Part 5 - Episode 3387
- Hacks & Attacks
- Technical Information & Learning
- Infosec Community / Social / History
- Part 6 - Infosec Leadership
- Pronounced SEE-so or SAI-so
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Sounds like executive leadership position, similar to Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), etc but this is often not the case
Security leadership is changing
- Experienced technologists (Usually old white guys) worked way up ranks
- Usually reported through IT (CIO/CTO)
- Department of "No" - Block everything bad
- Slows down business
- Experienced business professionals with leadership skills and security understanding
- Can report through:
- IT (CIO/CTO)
- Legal (For compliance reasons)
- Finance (CFO) for governance or compliance reasons
- Financial impacts of attacks
- Direct costs
- CEO - Seat at the table with other C-level execs
- Direct to board
- Empowers the business to succeed in a secure way
- Can still slow down the business, but only when needed
- Brakes on a race car
Infosec Leadership Podcasts
- CISO Tradecraft - G Mark Hardy (Weekly)
- Discussion of topics related to becoming a CISO or maturing as a CISO
- CISO Vendor Relationship Podcast - David Spark & Guests (Weekly)
- Weekly podcast addressing the challenges experienced by both security professionals and the vendors with whom they interact.
- CISO Talks (Weekly)
- The talk show series with discussions of current trends in the world of information security with CISOs on the front line.
- CISO Talk - James Azar (Weekly)
- Presents the CISO view on cybersecurity, talent development, technology, leadership and much more.
- The Cyber Ranch Podcast - Allan Alford & Hacker Valley Studios (Weekly)
- Interviews with security leaders discussing relevant topics
- CISO's Secrets - Currently hosted by Grant Asplund and sponsored by Checkpoint
- Interviews with security leaders across a wide range of industries
- Addresses real issues facing security professionals and businesses
- CISO Stories - Hosted by Todd Fitzgerald and Sam Curry and part of the Security Weekly family of podcasts
- Based originally on interviews with security leaders who contributed to the book "CISO COMPASS: Navigating Cybersecurity Leadership Challenges with Insights from Pioneers"
- Episodes are usually only about 20 minutes
- The New CISO - Hosted by Exabeam's Chief Security Strategist, Steve Moore and Sponsored by Exabeam
- Interviews with industry leading and visionary security leaders
- How do lead security teams and business
- Interacting with business leaders
That wraps up this series. I welcome any feedback you might have in the comments section for this episode on the HPR site.
Thank you very much for listening.
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3424.wav