hpr3432 :: Reading a license: Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 4.0 International
We jump into the future of 2013 and see how content licensing has changed
Hosted by clacke on Tuesday 2021-09-28 is flagged as Clean and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: license, creative commons, recital, reading, legal.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Previous episode: https://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=3412
hpr3412 :: Reading a license: Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
- 2007-02-23 https://creativecommons.org/2007/02/23/version-30-launched/
- 2007-09-26 https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
- 2011-11-03 https://creativecommons.org/2011/11/03/copyright-experts-discuss-cc-license-version-4-0-at-the-global-summit/
- Data/PSI (Public Sector Information?)/Science/Education
- Supporting Existing Adoption Models and Frameworks
- 2013-11-25 https://creativecommons.org/2013/11/25/ccs-next-generation-licenses-welcome-version-4-0/
- 2013-12-06 16Z--18Z CC site moves to 4.0 -- last snapshot with 3.0 is https://web.archive.org/web/20131206155520/https://creativecommons.org/
- 2014-10-21 CC-by-SA 4.0 and Free Art License 1.3 defined as two-way compatible licenses
- 2015-10-08 GPLv3 defined as a one-way compatible license for CC-by-SA 4.0
Links to license and deed and links from within the texts
- The text of the Creative Commons public licenses is dedicated to the public domain under the CC0 Public Domain Dedication.
Definition of Free Cultural Works
How to give credit
How to mark a work as modified
How and when you can relicense a work
Definition of effective technological measure
When do you not need a license
Limitations, scope, community practices and advice
- 39 jurisdiction ports of by-SA 3.0 https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/CC_Ports_by_Jurisdiction
- Next episode will be based on https://creativecommons.org/version4/
Creative Commons License Deed
The below is an Adaptation that has been reformatted for simplicity and focus on the text, removed graphical elements such as the Creative Commons Attribution and ShareAlike icons and has simple links to more info where there was originally a popup with a brief description and then a link.
This Adaptation is released under CC-by 3.0: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0)
This is a human-readable summary of (and not a substitute for) the license.
This deed highlights only some of the key features and terms of the actual license. It is not a license and has no legal value. You should carefully review all of the terms and conditions of the actual license before using the licensed material.
Creative Commons is not a law firm and does not provide legal services. Distributing, displaying, or linking to this deed or the license that it summarizes does not create a lawyer-client or any other relationship.
You are free to:
- Share - copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt - remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike - If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions - You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
Creative Commons Legal Code
Original: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode Plain Adaptation re-hosted on HPR: https://hackerpublicradio.org/eps/hpr3432/
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3432.wav