- W*ndows Power User
- Programmed a few Visual BASIC programs, but was underwhelmed with how BASIC the programming language was
- Tried installing Python and Ruby to much frustration
- Tried installing Cygw*n to make Python/Ruby easier to work with
- Read on the Cygw*n site about something called Linux
- Started working with C and C++
- Customizing my deck
- Tried to customize as much as I could about my W*ndows install
- Utilized tools to change the boot logo, the start menu, the init scripts, etc.
- Hit a few snags with problems boot-looping, not loading graphically, etc
- Tried editing the W*ndows registry and realized that the programs I was using to edit the operating system necessarily break the security and stability of the OS
- Didn't really know/care about open source, but was getting frustrated that I wasn't able to just reach in to my system's code to fix it.
- I couldn't really find any of the stuff that I used and, at this point, I'm not super motivated to find them.