hpr3459 :: Linux Inlaws S01E42: The Open Source Initiative
The Open Source Initiative
Hosted by monochromec on Thursday 2021-11-04 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: OSI, RMS, Open Core, the Cat Internet, Luca, Loki, open source licensing.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (1)
Part of the series: Linux Inlaws
This is Linux Inlaws, a series on free and open source software, black humour, the revolution and freedom in general (this includes ideas and software) and generally having fun.
In this episode our two OAPs host Deb Nicholson, the general manager of the Open Source Initiative (OSI). Apart from riveting insights into open source licensing we discuss the greater FLOSS ecosystem and Deb's views on why wearing shoes is important in certain contexts, open source standards, law suits and the differences between US and Europe among other things.
- OSI: https://opensource.org
- OSI's FLOSS definition: https://opensource.org/osd
- Commons Clause license: https://commonsclause.com
- TerminusDB license change: https://terminusdb.com/blog/we-love-gplv3-but-are-switching-license-to-apache-2-0-terminusdb/
- Open source licenses: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_free_and_open-source_software_licences
- Open Core model: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-core_model
- Software Freedom Conservancy: https://sfconservancy.org
- Bruce Perens: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Perens
- Loki TV series: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki_(TV_series)
- Luca movie: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12801262/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
- The Internet is made of cats: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi8VTeDHjcM
- Gnome and systemd: https://blogs.gnome.org/benzea/2019/10/01/gnome-3-34-is-now-managed-using-systemd
- Apparmor Profile: https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/apparmor-profiles
- Apparmor Profile Extra: https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/apparmor-profiles-extra
Editor's Note, 2021-12-09: TerminusDB link changed as requested
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3459.wav