hpr3492 :: Linux Inlaws S01E44: Pipewire Just another audio server Think again
Pipewire - Just another audio server? - Think again!
Hosted by monochromec on Tuesday 2021-12-21 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Linux audio, Pipewire, PulseAudio, Jack, gstreamer, Rubik's Cube, Kefir.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: Linux Inlaws
This is Linux Inlaws, a series on free and open source software, black humour, the revolution and freedom in general (this includes ideas and software) and generally having fun.
In this episode - sadly missing Martin as he buggered off to do something else - the remaining Inlaw hosts Wim Taymans, inventor and brain behind Pipewire, a new approach to Linux audio. Don't miss out on this episode if you're fed up with Pulseaudio (hello Martin :-) or find Jack just too complicated for every-day usage - you may see audio on Linux from a different perspective after this episode... Never mind those of you who are looking for a crash-course on audio on Linux - this episode is for you!
- Pipewire: https://github.com/PipeWire/pipewire
- gstreamer: https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org
- ALSA: https://alsa-project.org/wiki/Main_Page
- PulseAudio: https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio
- Jack: https://jackaudio.org
- eventfd: https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/eventfd.2.html
- Rubik's Cube: https://www.rubiks.com/en-us
- And how to solve this: https://ruwix.com/the-rubiks-cube/advanced-cfop-fridrich
- How to make Kefir: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/how-to-make-kefir
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3492.wav