hpr3498 :: Linux Inlaws S01E45: The Big Xmas New Year bash with the Grumpies
the same as the title so I'm not going to repeat it
Hosted by monochromec on Wednesday 2021-12-29 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Mainframes, IBM, Hyperscaler secrets, Rust, old men, programming languages.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (1)
Part of the series: Linux Inlaws
This is Linux Inlaws, a series on free and open source software, black humour, the revolution and freedom in general (this includes ideas and software) and generally having fun.
In this end of year episode / Xmas bumper our two aging heroes host the Grumpy Old Coders once again. Apart from having lots of fun, our four eclectic panelists discuss the year in review and some obscure predictions the Inlaws made at the end of last year in S01E20 to see if these became true or not. Plus a seriously long commercial break on mainframes done by our own Chris (Arvind / Jim / IBM: If you're listening: the sponsor mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org). Plus some juicy competitive knowledge about some hyperscalers. Beans spilled right from the inside... In addition to cloud nightmares. So if you're into horror after never mind beyond Halloween this is your episode... There might be the odd open source angle to this episode but we are not sure and this of course is purely by accident - just find out for yourself! :-)
- Grumpy Old Coders (incuding the Darkside and Women in Tech episodes): https://grumpy-old-coders.org
- Broken CentOS 8 promise: https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream
- Mainframes and the cloud: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomtaulli/2021/01/23/will-the-cloud-take-down-the-mainframe
- Woman in the red dress: https://matrix.fandom.com/wiki/Woman_in_Red
- Goedel's theorems: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del%27s_incompleteness_theorems
- Veritasium video on incompleteness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeQX2HjkcNo
- Bezos laughing after divorce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU8AyKO7qX4
- KGB (I): https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19904683/passing-a-kernel-global-buffer-to-a-local-function-in-opencl
- KGB (II): https://www.google.com/search?channel=fs&client=ubuntu&q=%22kellogs+greatest+beer%22
- Shameless Zig plug (dedicated to Loris :-): https://ziglang.org
- TIOBE index: https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3498.wav