hpr3539 :: Linux Inlaws S01E50: The OpenSUSE Project
An interview with Doug DeMaio and Axel Braun from the OpenSUSE project
Hosted by monochromec on Thursday 2022-02-24 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: OpenSUSE, Kubic, MicroOS, Clouds, Lattes, Desktops.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: Linux Inlaws
This is Linux Inlaws, a series on free and open source software, black humour, the revolution and freedom in general (this includes ideas and software) and generally having fun.
In this episode of the Inlaws our two ageing heroes host Doug DeMaio and Axel Braun, both intimately associated with and actively supporting the OpenSUSE project, the foundation of one of the popular Linux distros apart from RedHat and Debian for companies of all sizes (yes, and Ubuntu before I get any hate mails from Mark Shuttleworth or Cannonical in general :-). Apologies for not mentioning Alma, CentOS or Rocky Linux. Topics of discussion include the advantages of hipster concepts like rolling releases, the year of the Linux desktop, other people's computers (aka Clouds) and philosophical things like IT security, all things cloud-native (well, almost) and Apple laptop users drinking fancy coffee derivatives. Never mind containers, edge-computing operating systems and live kernel patching.
- OpenSUSE: https://www.opensuse.org
- SUSE: https://www.suse.com
- openQA: https://open.qa
- Open Build Service: https://openbuildservice.org
- CentOS debacle: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/12/centos-shifts-from-red-hat-unbranded-to-red-hat-beta
- OpenSUSE conference: https://events.opensuse.org
- MicroOS: https://microos.opensuse.org
- Kubic: https://kubic.opensuse.org
- Rancher: https://www.suse.com/products/rancher-kubernetes-engine
- OpenSUSE mailing lists: https://lists.opensuse.org/archives
- OpenSUSE bar: https://meet.opensuse.org/bar
- OpenSUSE social media: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Social_media_contacts
- OpenSUSE IRC: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:IRC_list
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3539.wav