hpr3629 :: Linux Inlaws S01E59: The Show with Red Pandas Mosaic Killers and Metal Corrosion
An interview with Eric Rescorla (Firefox CTO) on Browsers, the Internet and hard-core sci-fi
Hosted by monochromec on Thursday 2022-06-30 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Firefox, rendering engines, Mozilla (Foundation and Corporation), Peter Watt, Rust.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (1)
Part of the series: Linux Inlaws
This is Linux Inlaws, a series on free and open source software, black humour, the revolution and freedom in general (this includes ideas and software) and generally having fun.
In this episode, Martin and Chris interview Eric Rescorla, the CTO of Firefox at Mozilla. After discussing the weather situation in the Kingdom formerly known as the UK, our two aging heros go right into browsers, programming languages, the Mozilla ecosystem and internet history and future alike. This episode again is not for the faint-hearted as none of the gory details are spared: We learn about Chris' t-shirt situation (and how you can kidnap apparel), why Google is so sucessful, data privacy and Internet monetization. Never mind rendering engines. Plus: more Rust marketing (Rebecca Rumbul: Take note :-).
- Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browsers
- Mozilla Foundation: https://foundation.mozilla.org
- Mozilla Corporation: https://www.mozilla.org
- Gecko: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Glossary/Gecko
- Blink: https://www.chromium.org/blink
- Servo: https://servo.org
- Quantum: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Quantum
- Webkit: https://webkit.org
- Trident (MSHTML): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSHTML
- CSS: https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS
- Rust: https://www.rust-lang.org
- Ada standard: https://www.iso.org/standard/16028.html
- Web Monetization: https://foundation.mozilla.org/de/campaigns/web-monetization
- Mozilla's Vision for the Web: https://webvision.mozilla.org/full
- Peter Watt's Blindsight: https://rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm
- Mozilla Manifesto: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/manifesto/details
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3629.wav