hpr3639 :: Linux Inlaws S01E60: The Job Interview
An interview with Kris Jenkins from Confluent
Hosted by monochromec on Thursday 2022-07-14 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Kafka, Confluent, distributed event platforms, databases, Redis, Love, Death, Robots, Zookeeper.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: Linux Inlaws
This is Linux Inlaws, a series on free and open source software, black humour, the revolution and freedom in general (this includes ideas and software) and generally having fun.
In this episode, the Linux Inlaws interview a potential new recruit :-) call Kris Jenkins, from Kafka, an Apache project implementing a scalable distributed event streaming platform (don't know what that is? Listen to the show! :-) . A cautious warning: This episode contains strong philosophical / political views, language and insights which may change your views on messaging systems in general and Kafka in particular. Two hints: Chris shares his view on what a database *really* is and Kris Jenkins tries hard to convince our two aging heroes that he's the man for the job (teaser: he decided to stay at his current position as a dev advocate at Confluent after all). Plus: More on love, death and robots. Interested in the details? Then don't miss this show!
- Apache Kafka: https://kafka.apache.org
- Confluent: https://www.confluent.io
- Redis: https://redis.io
- Databases: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Database
- Event-Driven Architecture: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event-driven_architecture
- RabbitMQ: https://github.com/rabbitmq
- Zookeeper note: https://medium.com/knerd/eureka-why-you-shouldnt-use-zookeeper-for-service-discovery-4932c5c7e764
- KRaft: https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/zookeeper/kraft.html
- KIP: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/kafka/kafka+improvement+proposals
- Monster Hunter: https://www.monsterhunter.com
- LOVE DEATH + ROBOTS: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9561862
- Unix Philosophy: https://www.linfo.org/unix_philosophy.html
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3639.wav