hpr3646 :: arm, slackware, forth oh my!
a description of a laptop
Hosted by Brian in Ohio on Monday 2022-07-25 is flagged as Clean and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: raspberry pi, hardware.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
pi-top the company
- make educational products using the rasp-pi
- uk based company 24 million $ funding 3 employees
- pitop ceed
- pitop 2 laptop
- pitop 3 laptop
- pitop 4 case+ for rpi4
- robot kit, etc
my pi-top 3
- had a pi-top 2, keyboard was bad, battery was worse
- ebay purchase pi-top 3, wanted to try new form factor and see if the battery was better
- came with experimentor kit, included a slide in solderless breadboard, and an rpi!
- slackware install,lost some of the built in scripts that monitored the system, especially battery monitoring
- added a daughter board with an atmega328 running forth to do the battery monitoring
- added an rtc ds1307, installed via instructions from the sarpi website
- better keyboard, with better mechanical design
- better battery life, charging great
- better screen
- charging board seems closed source, that would be the keys to the kingdom
- old software hard to come by
- stuck in rpi3 form factor
- +upgrade to slackware 15-64 bit+
- leave the rpi and go to a pineboard
- reverse engineer charging board?
- easier to modify case to accept new hardware
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3646.wav