hpr3658 :: Linux Inlaws S01E62: HPR's inner workings
An overview of HPRs inner workings and stats based on a ludicrous claim by the Inlaws
Hosted by monochromec on Wednesday 2022-08-10 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Lies, damned lies, stats, projections, CDNs, Ford, Ferrari, Monsters, Books.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (3)
Part of the series: Linux Inlaws
This is Linux Inlaws, a series on free and open source software, black humour, the revolution and freedom in general (this includes ideas and software) and generally having fun.
In this episode our two ageing heroes explore the inner workings of a podcast (or podcast hosting platform depending on your perspective) called Hacker Public Radio. Yes, the platform that the Inlaws have been using since the very inception of this rapidly growing FLOSS podcast content. Wondering what the heck this episode is all about, why exactly Martin and Chris are talking about this now and the importance of statistics, lies and damned lies? Then just listen to this episode. You may also find out the difference between mere caching and content syndication. Never mind HPR's inner workings.
- hpr3648: https://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=3648
- The Internet Archive: https://archive.org
- Extraterrestrial sheep: https://aliens.fandom.com/wiki/Sheep_(Kaeloo)
- QuickAxe: https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Quick_Axe
- Linux Episode S01E35 (The Free Software Foundation Europe): https://hackerpublicradio.org/eps.php?id=3388
- Ford v Ferrari: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1950186/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
- Book of Monsters: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7260818/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3658.wav