hpr3668 :: Linux Inlaws S01E63: John Hawley on kernel dot org and other shenanigans
An interview with John Hawley of kernel.org fame
Hosted by monochromec on Wednesday 2022-08-24 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: git, kernel.org, GSoC, Command Line Heroes, Zero Dark Thirty, trace cruncher.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
Part of the series: Linux Inlaws
This is Linux Inlaws, a series on free and open source software, black humour, the revolution and freedom in general (this includes ideas and software) and generally having fun.
In this episode Martin and Chris host John Hawley of kernel.org fame. The discussion centers around Python, the royal British family and other FLOSS topics such as some break-away colonies like the US, version control systems, wireless wikis and containers. Never mind Python. Did I mention Python? :-) And perhaps VMware. Ever wondered why early versions of git just gobbled up your main memory? You may or may not find the answer in this episode. Or its outtakes...
- The Linux kernel: https://kernel.org
- The wireless subsystem: https://wireless.kernel.org
- git: https://git-scm.com
- Linux kernel VCS before git: https://www.linuxjournal.com/content/git-origin-story
- xkcd on git: https://xkcd.com/1597
- Guido @ Microsoft: https://twitter.com/gvanrossum/status/1326932991566700549
- Episode on The Halloween Documents: https://linuxinlaws.eu/archive.html#S01
- TIOBE index: https://www.tiobe.com/tiobe-index
- PhotonOS: https://vmware.github.io/photon/assets/files/html/3.0/Introduction.html
- BusyBox: https://www.busybox.net
- Python Software Foundation: https://www.python.org/psf
- Google Summier of Code: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com
- trace-cruncher: https://github.com/vmware/trace-cruncher
- Zero Dark Thirty: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1790885/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
- Command Line Heroes: https://www.redhat.com/en/command-line-heroes/about
Automatically generated using whisper
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3668.wav