hpr3817 :: The Oh No! News.
Oh No! News, is Good News.
Hosted by Some Guy On The Internet on Tuesday 2023-03-21 is flagged as Clean and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: "Oh No, News", Data Breaches, Crypto Schemes, Packaging Defaults.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (0)
The Oh No! news.
Oh No! News is Good News.
Recent Data Breaches – 2023.
- sec: On January 5, 2023, - T-Mobile Discloses Data Breach Affecting 37 Million Customers.
- On January 5, 2023, T-Mobile US, Inc. identified that a bad actor was obtaining data through a single Application Programming Interface (“API”) without authorization.
TruthFinder, Instant Checkmate confirm data breach affecting 20M
- instantcheckmate: 2019 Account List Data Security Incident.
- truthfinder: 2019 Account List Data Security Incident.
- "We learned recently that a list, including name, email, telephone number in some instances, as well as securely encrypted passwords and expired and inactive password reset tokens, of Instant Checkmate subscribers was being discussed and made available in an online forum. We have confirmed that the list was created several years ago and appears to include all customer accounts created between 2011 and 2019. The published list originated inside our company."
SEC Charges NBA Hall of Famer Paul Pierce for Unlawfully Touting and
Making Misleading Statements about Crypto Security.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced charges against former NBA player Paul Pierce for touting EMAX tokens, crypto asset securities offered and sold by EthereumMax, on social media without disclosing the payment he received for the promotion and for making false and misleading promotional statements about the same crypto asset. Pierce agreed to settle the charges and pay $1.409 million in penalties, disgorgement, and interest.
SEC Charges Terraform and CEO Do Kwon with Defrauding Investors in
- The Securities and Exchange Commission today charged Singapore-based Terraform Labs PTE Ltd and Do Hyeong Kwon with orchestrating a multi-billion dollar crypto asset securities fraud involving an algorithmic stablecoin and other crypto asset securities.
Ubuntu Flavor Packaging Defaults.
- To maintain this focus while also providing user choice, Ubuntu and its flavors consider debs and snaps the default experience. Users have the freedom of choice to get their software from other sources, including Flatpak. A way to install these alternatives is, and will continue to be, available for installation from the Ubuntu archive with a simple command.
- References (APA format).
- Heiligenstein, M. X. (2023, January 27). Recent Data Breaches - 2023. Firewalltimes. https://firewalltimes.com/recent-data-breaches/
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (2023, January 19). Form 8-K [T-Moble data breach]. SEC. https://www.sec.gov/ix?doc=/Archives/edgar/data/0001283699/000119312523010949/d641142d8k.htm
- Abrams, L. (2023, February 3) TruthFinder, Instant Checkmate confirm data breach affecting 20M customers. bleepingComputer. https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/truthfinder-instant-checkmate-confirm-data-breach-affecting-20m-customers/
- instantcheckmate. (2023, January). 2019 Account List Data Security Incident. instantcheckmate. https://www.instantcheckmate.com/security-incident-alert/
- truthfinder. (2023, January). 2019 Account List Data Security Incident. truthfinder. https://www.truthfinder.com/security-incident-alert/
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (2023, February 17). SEC Charges NBA Hall of Famer Paul Pierce for Unlawfully Touting and Making Misleading Statements about Crypto Security. SEC. https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2023-34
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (2023, February 16). SEC Charges Terraform and CEO Do Kwon with Defrauding Investors in Crypto Schemes. SEC. https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2023-32
- @kewisch (2023, February 21). Ubuntu Flavor Packaging Defaults. [Ubuntu Discourse]. https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/ubuntu-flavor-packaging-defaults/34061
- Ljubuncic I. (2019, August 29). A technical comparison between snaps and debs. ubuntu. https://ubuntu.com/blog/a-technical-comparison-between-snaps-and-debs
- [ts.] (2022, March 22). Re: apt installs snap packages. ubuntu lists. https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/foundations-bugs/2022-March/470881.html
- Tilloy O. (2022, February 7). Re: If apt installs snap package, then warn, because maybe i dont want snap package. ubuntu lists. https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/foundations-bugs/2022-February/468140.html
- @reducing activity (2021, June 12). How can I stop apt from installing snap packages? askubuntu. https://askubuntu.com/questions/1345385/how-can-i-stop-apt-from-installing-snap-packages
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3817.wav