Hacker Public Radio (HPR) is an Internet Radio show (podcast) that releases shows every weekday Monday through Friday. HPR has a long lineage going back to Radio FreeK America, Binary Revolution Radio & Infonomicon, and it is a direct continuation of Twatech radio. Please listen to StankDawg's "Introduction to HPR" for more information.
What differentiates HPR from other podcasts is that the shows are produced by the community - fellow listeners like you. There is no restrictions on how long the show can be, nor on the topic you can cover as long as they "are of interest to Hackers". If you want to see what topics have been covered so far just have a look at our Archive. We also allow for a series of shows so that host(s) can go into more detail on a topic.
You can download/listen to the show here or you can subscribe to the show in your favorite podcatching client (like BashPodder) to automatically get our new shows as soon as they are available. You can copy and redistribute the shows for free provided you adhere to the Creative Commons Attribution
We do not filter the shows in any way other than to check if they are audible and not blatant attempts at spam.
Hacker Public Radio is dedicated to sharing knowledge. We do not accept donations, but if you listen to HPR, then we would love you to contribute one show a year.
In the Press.
- 2014-12-09: podcasts that don't suck, 2014 edition (Joey Hess)(Archived)
- 2014-06-30: Free software on Hacker Public Radio by Bryan Behrenshausen (Red Hat)(Archived)
- 2014-04-19: 10 Useful Places Hosting Informative Podcasts On Linux (Archived)
- 2014-04-11: Hand-picked audio podcasts for Linux users by Milosz Galazka (Archive)
- 2013-10-11: Illuminating Linux Podcasts by Dan Petersen (Archive)
- 2012-12-24: 10 Great Podcasts for Linux & Open Source Geeks by Rebecca "Ruji" Chapnik (Archived)
- 2011-08-01: Linux Format: Pick the perfect geek podcast in our roundup by Mayank Sharma in Linux Format Magazine(Archive)