Host ID: 24
- Cecil Watson project lead LinHES: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/13x/sponsor/linhes-1
- warthog9 and his k9 homebrew robot:
- Michael Hall (@mhall119). Ubuntu Community Manager at Canonical: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale11x/sponsor/canonical.html
- brian Proffitt ovirt project: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/tags/ovirt
- SoCal Perl Mongers: https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale7x/dotorg/socal-perl-mongers.html
- Building Storage as a Service with OpenStack Cloud: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale11x/presentations/building-storage-service-openstack-cloud.html
- Girls in Tech LA: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/13x/sponsor/girls-tech-la-1
- Snowdrift.coop: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/13x/sponsor/snowdriftcoop
- SaltStack: https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/13x/sponsor/saltstack
- lpi: http://www.lpi-na.org/get-certified-in-los-angeles-join-us-at-scale-13x/
- one course source: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/13x/sponsor/one-course-source
- elementary os: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/13x/sponsor/elementaryos
- open source robotic tools: https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale9x-media/scalemedia/scale/scale9x-media/simple_cfp/presentations/13_30-Eugene-John-Classroom-reflection.pdf
- syslogng: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/13x/presentations/syslog-ng-log-collecting-log-processing-and-information-extraction
- openx: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/13x/sponsor/openx
- christopher think penguin: https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/13x/sponsor/think-penguin
- kodi: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale/13x/sponsor/kodi
Josh Berkus Postgres SQL in Space
Josh Berkus has been a member of the PostgreSQL Core Team since 2003 and has been working as a database consultant since 1995. Josh's work experience includes 8 years of independant consulting on database applications, primarily building applications for the legal and HR industries. He was also head of Sun Microsystem's PosgtreSQL support staff for 2 years and helped launch BI startup Greenplum.
OpenSuSe Build Service with Markus Feilner and Lance Albertson
Open mind. Vigil. Proud citizen and honorable diplomat of the Conch republic. Minister of the Universal Life Church. Jedi knight. Owner of Lunar property. Linux and open source human, occasional and highly provocative Apple troll (#iTroll)
Director | Cat Herder
Lance became OSL director in early 2013. He has managed all of the hosting activities that the OSL provides for more than 160 high-profile open source projects since joining the lab as lead systems administrator and architect in 2007. Lance’s involvement in the open source community began in 2003, when he became a developer and package maintainer with Gentoo Linux. Prior to joining the OSL, Lance was a UNIX Administrator for the Enterprise Server Technologies group at Kansas State University. In his free time he helps organize Beaver BarCamp and plays trumpet in local jazz group The Infallible Collective.
Lance can be reached at lance-at-osuosl-dot-org
Lord Drachenblut introduces himself
Website: http://www.gofundme.com/gysc0oGreetings everyone. I'm Matthew ”Lord Drachenblut" Williams. I'm currently working on gathering the fund to attend the Southern California Linux Expo aka SCALE. As many of you already know I have spent the last year struggling against esophageal cancer. I am nearing a point which I can start traveling and attending conferences again. My goal is to raise the funds so that in February of 2015 I can attend Scale. I am also working on a talk that I hope to give at SCALE. My sincerest thanks to the community that has been there for me during my recovery and to those that will help me in this endeavor. Should I raise more funds than needed to attend SCALE my goal will be to submit my talk to other conferences and to give my talk at those as well.
Listen to the interview with Jérôme Petazzoni.Docker is an open platform for developers and sysadmins to build, ship, and run distributed applications. Consisting of Docker Engine, a portable, lightweight runtime and packaging tool, and Docker Hub, a cloud service for sharing applications and automating workflows, Docker enables apps to be quickly assembled from components and eliminates the friction between development, QA, and production environments. As a result, IT can ship faster and run the same app, unchanged, on laptops, data center VMs, and any cloud.
Fedora Activity DayThe Fedora Activity Day (FAD) is a regional event (either one-day or a multi-day) that allows Fedora contributors to gather together in order to work on specific tasks related to the Fedora Project.
Fedora interview with Matthew Miller
The Fedora Project is a partnership of free software community members from around the globe. The Fedora Project builds open source software communities and produces a Linux distribution called "Fedora." The Fedora Project's mission is to lead the advancement of free and open source software and content as a collaborative community.
In this episode Lord Drachenblut shows us how to start irssi in screen after reboot.crontab -e # opens editor for crontab @reboot /usr/bin/screen -dmUS irc /usr/bin/irssi
-d -m Start screen in "detached" mode. This creates a new session but doesn't attach to it. This is useful for system startup scripts.
-U Run screen in UTF-8 mode. This option tells screen that your terminal sends and understands UTF-8 encoded characters. It also sets the default encoding for new windows to `utf8'.
-S sessionname When creating a new session, this option can be used to specify a meaningful name for the session. This name identifies the session for "screen -list" and "screen -r" actions. It substitutes the default [tty.host] suffix.
Today on HPR we dip into the past and pluck out a gem for our Syndicated Thursday slot.
Would you like to play a game? How about a nice game of thermonuclear war? Strap in as we review a classic movie about hacking and nuclear tensions.
Step into the verse where the signal can’t be stopped.
Lord Drachenblut Interviews Scott Sigler
Daring to upgrade to an Alpha version of Kubuntu, Lord Drachenblut learns the finer points of data recovery.
Lord Drachenblut and others talk about BBS's