Christopher M. Hobbs
Host ID: 241
Back after a year of HPR silence, I'll talk a little about how I like to spend my lunch breaks and how you can explore your workplace. Put down those tater tots, we're going on an adventure!
In this episode I'll give some information about my lunch history, ways you can maximise your time, gear you'll need to start short stealth/urban exploration, techniques for finding places to explore, and ways to handle being spotted.
If this goes well enough and the audio isn't too garbled, I'll record episodes for the "How I Got Into (GNU) Linux" series.
Here are a few links related to the episode. Note that I link to Amazon and Google. I don't necessarily condone or endorse either service, I just didn't know of any better sources for product information.
- My GNU Social account: email@example.com (https://status.libernil.net)
- My XMPP Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- OpenStreetMap for finding locations: https://www.openstreetmap.org
- Google Maps if you're not concerned with Freedom: https://maps.google.com
- Outdoor Products Daypack: http://outdoorproducts.com/packable-day-pack/
- ChicoBag collapsible grocery bag: http://www.chicobag.com/category/original
- Grand Trunk Ultralight Hammock: http://store.grandtrunkgoods.com/ultralight-travel-hammock1
Sample sit pads:
- GossamerGear SitLight: http://gossamergear.com/sleeping/sitlight-sit-pad-group.html
- Knee rest: http://amzn.to/1nt2hNX
- Stadium Cushion: http://amzn.to/1yyZGJU
- Foam Pad (can be cut): http://amzn.to/1nt2hNX
My contribution to the "What's in my Bag" series. Contact me at email@example.com
A little discourse about manual work and money saving. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
After a deluge of e-mail asking me to follow up on the Week of Freedom podcast, I finally responded. Contact me at email@example.com if you'd like to talk Libre Software!
A quick dialog about my week of using only FLOSS
Modulus7 Pair Programming Interview: http://modulus7.com/7-bit-podcast-episode-pair-programming/
Pair Programming on the Portland Patterns Repository: http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PairProgramming
Pair Programming at C2 (similar content): http://c2.com/xp/PairProgramming.html
Wikipedia Entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pair_programming
XP Pair Programming Resources: http://www.extremeprogramming.org/rules/pair.html
GNU Screen: http://www.gnu.org/software/screen/
My Company: http://altbit.org
My Personal Site: http://hobbsc.sdf-us.org