Host ID: 273
Dabbling in a bit of this and that.
My LastPass Alternative
- Password Database: KeePass http://keepass.info/ KeePass client is in the fedora repos.
Save file to a location that will be synced between devices. Im my case Owncloud. Desktop Client syncs available for Linux, Windows and Mac. Mobile clients for Android, IOS, and even blackberry. Syncing note: I do not launch the desktop client on login. This allows the owncloud client to sync files before launching keepass. Also, I exit keypass before logging out for the same reason.
For integration with browser, there are
- Firefox: Passifox https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/passifox/
- Chrome: chromeIPass https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chromeipass/ompiailgknfdndiefoaoiligalphfdae?hl=en
- Android: https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=keepass&fdid=com.android.keepass
And finally when on machines I don't control:
- Remote Access: Browser Pass https://bitbucket.org/namn/browsepass/
On same server with ownlcloud, can open files
Build, configure and deploy a self maintaining Yahoo mail forwarding virtual client.
- Fedora 20 LXDE/32Bit iso file.
- Virtual Hosting Server (currently using VirtualBox, phpVirtualBox with a Centos6 host).
- Yahoo Account
- IMAP capable email account for delivery.
Since it will be virtual, isolated, single purpose machine, Security is minimal.
Step by step instuctions at http://james.toebesacademy.com/YahooMailForwarder.html
- Build VM
- Configure Applications and AutoStart
- Configure Mail Forwarding
- Configure Automatic Maintenance
- Deploy to Virtual Server.
Occasionally bulk forwards spam folder....
Let me know your thoughts and if you want to hear more about my home server configuration.
Why I built an Account Free Google tablet. Including links of what was done. Some basic criteria. No accounts created for downloading, installing or configuring except for mail accounts. No rooting. No pirated apps. Something that can be easy for a user to do including installing and updating apps. One ad supported app installed, but hope to find an alternative.