Host ID: 30
I am a Irishman living in the Netherlands.
- Website: http://kenfallon.com
- Twitter: @ken_fallon https://twitter.com/ken_fallon
- Identica: https://identi.ca/kenfallon
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ken.fallon
- Google+: http://profiles.google.com/ken.fallon
- LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/kenfallon
Tired of having back ache after Ironing
Check out this amazing episode to hear how you too can transform a dull chore into an enjoyable experience !!!!
Table of Contents
- Godot Engine
- Software Freedom Conservancy
- BBC Open Source
- World Privacy and Identity Association (WPIA)
Godot is an advanced, feature-packed, multi-platform 2D and 3D open source game engine. Godot provides a huge set of common tools, so you can just focus on making your game without reinventing the wheel. Godot is completely free and open source under the very permissive MIT license. No strings attached, no royalties, nothing. Your game is yours, down to the last line of engine code.
Listen to the interview with Rémi Verschelde
- Source: https://github.com/godotengine/
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godot_(game_engine)
- IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#godotengine
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/111020480776556451458
- RSS: http://godotengine.org/rss.xml
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/godotengine
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/godotengine/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIDvfZD1ZhY4_hhbotf7wA
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/godot
- Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/app/404790
Software Freedom Conservancy, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization incorporated in New York. Software Freedom Conservancy helps promote, improve, develop, and defend Free, Libre, and Open Source Software (FLOSS) projects. Conservancy provides a non-profit home and infrastructure for FLOSS projects.
Listen to the interview with Bradley M. Kuhn
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_Freedom_Conservancy
- IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=conservancy
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/104268783278405704634
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/3091519/
- Mailinglist: http://lists.sfconservancy.org/pipermail/announce/
- RSS: https://sfconservancy.org/feeds/omnibus/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/conservancy
- FediVerse: https://identi.ca/conservancy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SoftwareFreedomConservancy/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUEeuNvX2UyTTyTYXR9dm_A
- About: https://sfconservancy.org/about/
The BBC has been using and contributing to open source projects for as long as we've had a website. This site brings together all the open source projects across the BBC with links to all our documentation and source code and information on how to get involved. Open source code used on public facing services, internal services and educational resources.
Listen to the interview with David Buckhurst
- Source: https://github.com/bbc
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BBCOpenSource
Embedded SSL/TLS Library for Applications, Devices, IoT, and the Cloud. Providing secure communication for IoT, smart grid, connected home, automobiles, routers, applications, games, IP, mobile phones, the cloud, and more.
Listen to the interview with Chris Conlon
- Source: https://github.com/wolfssl/wolfssl
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WolfSSL
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+Wolfssl
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/wolfssl
- RSS: https://www.wolfssl.com/wolfSSL/Blog/rss.xml
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/wolfSSL
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wolfssl
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/wolfssl
- About: https://wolfssl.com/wolfSSL/About.html
- SlideShare: http://www.slideshare.net/yassl
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/54654493@N05/
free, libre, open source tools for software development analytics.
Listen to the interview with Daniel Izquierdo Cortázar
- Source: http://github.com/bitergia
- IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=metrics-grimoire
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/hashtag/GrimoireLab
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/grimoirelab
MySQL is the world's most popular open source database. With its proven performance, reliability and ease-of-use, MySQL has become the leading database choice for web-based applications, used by high profile web properties including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Yahoo! and many more. Oracle drives MySQL innovation, delivering new capabilities to power next generation web, cloud, mobile and embedded applications.
Listen to the interview with Mark Leith
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MySQL
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+mysql
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/mysql
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mysql
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/mysqlchannel
Kallithea, a member project of Software Freedom Conservancy, is a GPLv3'd, Free Software source code management system that supports two leading version control systems, Mercurial and Git, and has a web interface that is easy to use for users and admins. You can install Kallithea on your own server and host repositories for the version control system of your choice.
Listen to the interview with Andrew Shadura
- Source: https://bitbucket.org/conservancy/kallithea/wiki/Home
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kallithea_(software)
- IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=kallithea
- Mailinglist: http://lists.sfconservancy.org/mailman/listinfo/kallithea-general
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/KallitheaSCM
The World Privacy and Identity Association (WPIA) is anxious to transfer the human rights to protect one's privacy and identity into the cyber space. WPIA is going to foster political education, seek exchange with politicians, develop software, and operate a free certificate authority. Everything will be done to patronise and substain your digital rights. We make it happen for empowering the digital YOU!
Listen to the interview with Reinhard Mutz
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/113724401049079094223
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/WPIAssociation
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WPIA-World-Privacy-and-Identity-Association-332073417178164/
XMPP is the open standard for messaging and presence. XMPP powers emerging technologies like IoT, WebRTC, and social. No one owns XMPP. It's free and open for everyone since 1999. It's a living standard. Engineers actively extend and improve it. Millions use XMPP software daily to connect to people and services.
Listen to the interview with Sam Whited
- Source: http://xmpp.org/software
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMPP
- IRC: http://xmpp.org/community/chat
- Mailinglist: http://xmpp.org/community/mailing-lists
Pulp is a platform for managing repositories of software packages and making it available to a large numbers of consumers. Pulp can locally mirror all or part of a repository, host your own software packages in repositories, and manage many types of content from multiple sources in one place.
Listen to the interview with Brian Bouterse
SHA2017 is a non profit outdoor Hacker camp/conference taking place in The Netherlands from the 4th to 8th of August 2017. It is the successor of a string of similar events happening every four years. These are GHP, HEU, HIP, HAL, WTH, HAR and OHM. Similar events are EMF Camp 2016 in the UK, CCC Camp and congress in Germany. The location is the Scoutinglandgoed in Zeewolde, 55km east of Amsterdam.
Listen to the interview with Robin Edgar
- IRC: https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#sha2017
- Mailinglist: https://lists.sha2017.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo
- RSS: https://sha2017.org/rss.xml
ManageIQ is an open source management platform for Hybrid IT. It can manage small and large environments, and supports multiple technologies such as virtual machines, public clouds and containers. With ManageIQ you will be able to: Continuously discover the latest state of your environment. Implement self service for your end users. Enforce compliance across the environment. Optimize the performance and utilization of you environment.
Listen to the interview with Carol Chene
- Source: https://github.com/ManageIQ/
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+ManageiqOrg
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/manageiq
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ManageIQ
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/manageiq/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/ManageIQVideo
Table of Contents
coreboot is a replacement for your BIOS / UEFI with a strong focus on boot speed, security and flexibility. It is designed to boot your operating system as fast as possible without any compromise to security, with no back doors, and without any cruft from the 80s. It was originally designed for large super-computers with thousands of nodes, but it will run on your desktop, headless internet server, laptop, tablet or your favorite IoT device.
Listen to the interview with Julian Laubstein
- Source: https://github.com/coreboot
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coreboot
- IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=coreboot
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/115014129240741938880
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/10663214/
- Mailinglist: https://www.coreboot.org/Mailinglist
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/coreboot_org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/coreboot/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCviiVAz65y6EiFLITbLG81w/videos
- About: https://www.coreboot.org/Welcome_to_coreboot
- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/coreboot_org
GNU GRUB is a Multiboot boot loader. It was derived from GRUB, the GRand Unified Bootloader, which was originally designed and implemented by Erich Stefan Boleyn. Briefly, a boot loader is the first software program that runs when a computer starts. It is responsible for loading and transferring control to the operating system kernel software (such as the Hurd or Linux). The kernel, in turn, initializes the rest of the operating system (e.g. GNU).
Listen to the interview with Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko / Daniel Kiper
- Source: git://git.savannah.gnu.org/grub.git
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_GRUB
- Mailinglist: https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/grub-mailinglist.html
Olimex Ltd is a leading provider for development tools and programmers for embedded market. The company has 25+ years experience in designing, prototyping and manufacturing printed circuit boards, sub-assemblies, and complete electronic products. We are established in 1991 in Plovdiv - the second largest city in Bulgaria. We have extensive knowledge in analog, digital, and microcontroller design, and we offer our own-designed development boards, programmers and emulators for rapid prototyping ARM, AVR, MSP430, MAXQ and PIC microcontrollers.
Listen to the interview with Tsvetan Usunov
- Source: https://github.com/OLIMEX
- IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=olimex
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/102255887343137829901/posts
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/Olimex
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Olimex/284513994899126
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/tsvetanusunov
- About: https://www.olimex.com/About/
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/olimex/
Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) is a Linux Foundation Workgroup dedicated to creating open source software solutions for automotive applications. Although the initial target for AGL is In-Vehicle-Infotainment (IVI) systems, additional use cases such as instrument clusters and telematics systems will eventually be supported. AGL has participants from the Automotive, Communications, and Semiconductor Industries and welcomes contributions from individual developers.
Listen to the interview with Jan-Simon Möller
- Source: https://gerrit.automotivelinux.org/gerrit/AGL/AGL-repo
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Foundation#Automotive_Grade_Linux
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/17891737/
- Mailinglist: http://lists.linuxfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/automotive-discussions
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/autogradelinux
- About: https://www.automotivelinux.org/about
Amateur radio is a hobby for people who like to talk using radio transmitters. Many people enjoy using amateur radio to talk to other amateur radio hobbyists in other countries. Amateur radio hobbyists also use their radio transmitters to get help in emergencies. Amateur radio is often called Ham Radio. Many people use their amateur radios for fun. People who use Amateur radio are often called amateur radio operators, hams or amateurs.
Listen to the interview with Kristoff Bonne
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio
- RSS: http://uba.be/en/rss.xml
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/UBA_BEL
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/UBA/206146739474007
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZrhjfKY-9g
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/amateurradio/
CorteXlab is a radio testbed based on Software Defined Radio (SDR) and comprised of 40 radio nodes that allow remote users to test their own radio algorithms. The architecture will be also opened to industry third party to deploy their own front-end (RF or UWB) or baseband systems to test and validate their developments.
Listen to the interview with Léonardo S. Cardoso
- Source: https://github.com/CorteXlab
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/FITCorteXlab
- About: http://www.cortexlab.fr/?page_id=2
Welcome to OpenEmbedded, the build framework for embedded Linux. OpenEmbedded offers a best-in-class cross-compile environment. It allows developers to create a complete Linux Distribution for embedded systems.
Listen to the interview with Andreas Müller
- Source: git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenEmbedded
- IRC: http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/IRC
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/104250716797176329741
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/49269/profile
- Mailinglist: http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/Mailing_lists
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/hashtag/openembedded
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/OpenEmbedded/103140443059741
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=OpenEmbedded
Table of Contents
- Open Smart Grid Platform
- Perl Programming Language
- Linux From Scratch
- Google Code-in
The Open Smart Grid Platform allows you to monitor and control hardware in the public space. With several (generic) functions ready to use, the main benefits of the Open Smart Grid Platform are: scalability & high availability, high security, its generic design, and no vendor lock-in.
Listen to the interview with Sander Jansen
Perl 5 is a highly capable, feature-rich programming language with over 29 years of development. Perl 5 runs on over 100 platforms from portables to mainframes and is suitable for both rapid prototyping and large scale development projects. "Perl" is a family of languages, "Perl 6" is part of the family, but it is a separate language which has its own development team. Its existence has no significant impact on the continuing development of "Perl 5".
Listen to the interview with Wendy G.A. van Dijk / Mark "shadowcat" Keating / Curtis "Ovid" Poe
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perl
- IRC: http://irchelp.org/irchelp/irctutorial.html
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/perlfoundation
Linting and Fixing Code for All Languages
Listen to the interview with Sebastian Latacz / Lasse Schuirmann
- Source: https://github.com/coala/coala
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coala_(software)
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/coala_analyzer
Linux From Scratch (LFS) is a type of a Linux installation and the name of a book written by Gerard Beekmans, among others. The book gives readers instructions on how to build a Linux system from source. Linux From Scratch is a way to install a working Linux system by building all components of it manually. This is a longer process than installing a pre-compiled Linux distribution. The advantages to this method are a compact, flexible and secure system and a greater understanding of the internal workings of the Linux-based operating systems.
Listen to the interview with Julien Lepiller
Google Code-in is an annual programming competition hosted by Google Inc. that allows pre-university students to complete tasks specified by various, partnering open source organizations. Students that complete tasks win certificates and T-shirts. Each organization also selects two grand prize award winners who will earn a trip to Google's Headquarters located in Mountain View, CA.
Listen to the interview with Josh Simmons
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Code-in
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/111547824495682912814
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/googledevs
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Google-Developers-967415219957038/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GoogleDevelopers
Spend your summer break writing code and learning about open source development while earning a stipend! Accepted students work with a mentor and become a part of the open source community. Many become lifetime open source developers! Google Summer of Code is open to post-secondary students, age 18 and older in most countries.
Listen to the interview with Josh Simmons
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/102168248469649733567
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/gsoc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Google-Developers-967415219957038/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/GoogleDevelopers
Professional 3D printing made accessible. Accurate, consistent results - tailored to your business. Highly complex 3D prints, industrial-grade materials, maximum performance, and future-ready 3D printing experience. With ultimate accessibility.
Listen to the interview with Rodney Becker
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimaker
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ultimaker
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Ultimaker
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ultimaker3D
Simulation Open Framework Architecture (SOFA) is an open source multiplatform framework primarily targeted at real-time physical simulation, with an emphasis on medical simulation. It is mostly intended for the research community to help develop new algorithms, but can also be used as an efficient prototyping tool or as a physics engine.
Listen to the interview with Hugo Talbot
- Source: https://github.com/sofa-framework/sofa
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8460316
- RSS: https://www.sofa-framework.org/feed/
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/SofaFramework
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZWXlxYc9jaeloZRGd38uRQ
MuseScore is a company devoted to helping aspiring musicians in their journey to master the music they love. MuseScore offers free, open-source, powerful, and easy-to-use music notation software to create high-quality sheet music, with audio score playback for results that look and sound beautiful. MuseScore has also formed an online community where musicians can share their creations, privately or publicly, through downloads, embeddable widgets, or MuseScore's mobile apps, while also bringing additional social features to sheet music.
Listen to the interview with Nicolas Froment
- Source: https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MuseScore
- IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=musescore
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/+musescore
- Linkedin: https://linkedin.com/company/musescore
- Mailinglist: http://dev-list.musescore.org
- RSS: https://musescore.org/en/news/feed/en
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/musescore
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/MuseScore
- YouTube: https://YouTube.com/musescore
- About: https://musescore.org/musescore-tour-share-and-print-your-score
- SlideShare: http://slideshare.com/musescore
- Flickr: https://Flickr.com/musescore
- Delicious: https://del.icio.us/musescore
- iTunes: https://musescore.com/ios
- GooglePlay: https://musescore.com/android
Matrix.org is a non-profit open source initiative dedicated to creating and maintaining the Matrix open standard for decentralised communication, whose goal is to create an open and secure ecosystem for interoperable messaging, VoIP and IoT communication and history on the internet.
Listen to the interview with Matthew Hodgson
- Source: https://github.com/matrix-org
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrix_(communication_protocol)
- IRC: https://riot.im/app/#/room/#matrix:matrix.org
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/matrix-org
- RSS: https://matrix.org/blog/feed/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/matrixdotorg
- About: https://matrix.org/docs/guides/faq.html
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vector.im/id1083446067
- GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=im.vector.alpha