TGTM Newscast for 2012/8/15
Here is a news review:
- Senate Anti-Leaks Bill Threatens the Rights of the Press and the Public
- Assange Lawyer: U.K. Has No Legal Grounds to Block WikiLeaks Founder’s Trip to Ecuador
- Free Public Health: An Unquestionable Achievement of Cuba
- Hey, We Finally Have A Privacy And Civil Liberties Oversight Board... After Being Left Dormant For Almost Five Years
- Pros and cons of Chomsky and Hedges
- Europe Already Has Draft Standard For Real-Time Government Snooping On Services Like Facebook And Gmail
- Victory Over Cyber Spying
- U.S. to Oppose U.N. Regulation of Internet
- There’s a Good Chance Your Friends Are Phonies
- Has Your ISP Joined the US “Six Strikes” Anti-Piracy Scheme?
- A call for an ‘independent labor movement’
- Independent Activism in Cuba
- US Attorneys Refuse to Assure Judge That They Are Not Already Detaining Citizens Under NDAA
- My Virgin experience as a Paedophile!
- Broadening the Lens on Human Trafficking
News from "techdirt.com," "havanatimes.org," and "allgov.com" used under arranged permission.
News from "torrentfreak.com," and "eff.org" used under permission of the Creative Commons by-attribution license.
News from "democracynow.org," and
"peoplesworld.org" used under permission of the Creative Commons
by-attribution non-commercial no-derivatives license.
News Sources retain their respective copyrights.