This episode was produced entirely on my phone, including upload.
Apologies for the atrocious sound quality and the low volume. Consider it performance art. I know I need to speak closer to the phone next time. There's DroidGain, but I guess it only accepts mp3.
TL;DL: Install Urecord from F-Droid, choose 44.1 kHz, RECORD!
I estimate the total amount of time spent on this episode at:
- 20 mins – installing apps on two phones
- 20 mins – evaluate apps on two phones (while cooking!)
- 6 mins – record episode
- 10 mins – update HPR user profile
- 30 mins – write show notes (while having dinner!)
- 15 mins – figure out how to upload this thing from a phone
- ?? – upload episode
A large part of the typing time was angle brackets. HATE screen input. I want a modern phone with sliding QWERTY like the good old X10 Mini Pro, or maybe the slightly larger HTC Desire Z. Apparently the market doesn't. :-(
Wow, turns out the difficult part was to upload the file. Had to use a file manager as a "provider" for Firefox to get the "document" from.