Sound-seeing episode, listen as I Replace the throttle position sensor on my truck
Hosted by Jon Kulp on 2017-01-05 is flagged as Clean and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: DIY, cars, car repair, automotive.
Listen in ogg,
mp3 format. | Comments (3)
When the "check engine" light came on in my truck again, it turned out to be the throttle position sensor just like when I very first bought the truck about a year-and-a-half ago. That time, I was able to fix it by spraying contact cleaner on it, but this time that didn't work. I ordered a new part. In this episode I talk while I replace the part and I also talk about the nifty diagnostic tool that I used to get the trouble code and how it sends the information to your smartphone.
What you can gather with the torque diagnostic tool for Android:
- View live OBD engine data on your Android phone - Connect to your vehicle ECU
- Fully customisable dashboard screens - Design your own layouts and custom dials, use your own themes
- Retrieve Fault Codes (DTCs) and clear Check Engine lights - View fault descriptions using the built-in databases
- Upload live OBD2 data to your webserver or the torque web viewer in realtime
- Check the performance of your vehicle with BHP / Torque / 0-60 & Quarter Mile widgets
Comment #1 posted on 2017-01-06T00:06:25Z by NYbill
When is the new truck?
Eventually, Jon, will do an episode where he replaces the very last piece of the old truck. :P
Comment #2 posted on 2017-01-06T11:26:38Z by Ken Fallon
This truck is worth it's weight in shows.
Comment #3 posted on 2017-01-06T18:27:50Z by Jonathan Kulp
Just getting started
Don't worry y'all, I expect this truck will give me episode topics regularly for a good while. I'm gonna guess starter motor or ignition coil within the next year. Spark plugs, at least...
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
Note to Verbose Commenters
If you can't fit everything you want to say in the comment below then you really should record a response show instead.
Note to Spammers
All comments are moderated. All links are checked by humans. We strip out all html. Feel free to record a show about yourself, or your industry, or any other topic we may find interesting. We also check shows for spam :).