Sound-seeing episode, listen as I Replace the throttle position sensor on my truck
Hosted by Jon Kulp on 2017-01-05 is flagged as Clean and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Listen in ogg,
mp3 format. | Comments (3)
When the "check engine" light came on in my truck again, it turned out to be the throttle position sensor just like when I very first bought the truck about a year-and-a-half ago. That time, I was able to fix it by spraying contact cleaner on it, but this time that didn't work. I ordered a new part. In this episode I talk while I replace the part and I also talk about the nifty diagnostic tool that I used to get the trouble code and how it sends the information to your smartphone.
What you can gather with the torque diagnostic tool for Android:
- View live OBD engine data on your Android phone - Connect to your vehicle ECU
- Fully customisable dashboard screens - Design your own layouts and custom dials, use your own themes
- Retrieve Fault Codes (DTCs) and clear Check Engine lights - View fault descriptions using the built-in databases
- Upload live OBD2 data to your webserver or the torque web viewer in realtime
- Check the performance of your vehicle with BHP / Torque / 0-60 & Quarter Mile widgets
Subscribe to the comments RSS feed.
Comment #1 posted on 2017-01-06T00:06:25Z by NYbill
When is the new truck?
Eventually, Jon, will do an episode where he replaces the very last piece of the old truck. :P
Comment #2 posted on 2017-01-06T11:26:38Z by Ken Fallon
This truck is worth it's weight in shows.
Comment #3 posted on 2017-01-06T18:27:50Z by Jonathan Kulp
Just getting started
Don't worry y'all, I expect this truck will give me episode topics regularly for a good while. I'm gonna guess starter motor or ignition coil within the next year. Spark plugs, at least...
Note to Verbose Commenters
If you can't fit everything you want to say in the comment below then you really should record a response show instead.
Note to Spammers
All comments are moderated. All links are checked by humans. We strip out all html. Feel free to record a show about yourself, or your industry, or any other topic we may find interesting. We also check shows for spam :).