In this episode, the hackerpublicradio.org Audiobook Club reviews How to Succeed in Evil: The Novel by Patrick E. McLean.
- You can download this audiobook for free (or voluntary donation) from https://podiobooks.com/title/how-to-succeed-in-evil-the-novel/
- It's also available as an ebook on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/How-Succeed-Evil-Patrick-McLean-ebook/dp/B00589W1DM
- You can find more content (including podcasts) from Patrick E. Mclean on his websites -- https://succeedinevil.com/ -- https://www.patrickemclean.com/ -There is even a promotional comic book https://www.succeedinevil.com/evilfinalsmall.pdf
Three out of four of us liked this book, and we all had some good things to say about it. While it's true that this is an entertaining story set in a super hero world, we found it it more amusing and more thought provoking than your average super hero story.
As usual, during this episode of the AudioBookClub the hosts have each reviewed a beverage of their choice.
- pokey drank a Sam Adams Summer Ale https://www.samueladams.com/craft-beers/summer-ale.
- Thaj drank a home brewed Iced Tea https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iced_tea .
- x1101 was drinking 32oz of water from the great tasting state of Maine out of a Nalgene water bottle https://nalgene.com/ .
- FiftyOneFifty was drinking Jim Beam Rye Whisky https://www.jimbeam.com/other-bourbons .
Our next audiobook will be Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Corey Doctorow https://podiobooks.com/title/down-and-out-in-the-magic-kingdom/ Our next book club recording will be 2014/07/15T23:00:00+00:00 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Times) If you'd like a Google calendar invite, or if you'd like to be on the HPR_AudioBookClub mailing list, please get in contact with us on the HPR mailing list 'hpr at hackerpublicradio dot org'
There are several ways to submit feedback for this episode including the HPR mail list firstname.lastname@example.org, and the episode's comment section
pokey prefers his feedback to come via the HackerPublicRadio comment system, but is also usually available on StatusNet @pokey/micro.fragdev.com
Please remember to visit the HPR contribution page. We could really use your help right now. https://hackerpublicradio.org/contribute.php
We had a great time recording this show, and we hope you enjoyed it as well. We hope you'll consider joining us next time. Thank you very much for listening.
Sincerely, The HPR_AudioBookClub
P.S. Some people enjoy finding mistakes. For their enjoyment, we have included a few.