In this episode, the HPR_AudioBookClub reviews Street Candles by David Collins-Rivera. You can download this AudioBook for free from https://www.cavalcadeaudio.com/.
If you liked this book, or are a fan of David Collins-Rivera, you can purchase it from https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3ADavid%20Collins-Rivera.
- Thaj: Great book. Makes me want to go back and re-read the previous book. I wonder how well some of the commentary present in this book will resonate in the future. The story is good enough I have no doubt that it will still be a good read, but I'm not sure if it might loose a bit.
- x1101: I Loved this book. So much so that I listened to it twice. Every chapter is a cliff hanger.
- pokey: I LOVE this AudioBook! The author (Lostinbronx) really made me care about each of the characters. Every chapter is a cliff hanger, and that WORKS precisely because I do care about the characters.
- pegwole: It was a fantastic post modern essay on life. Even though I listened to the wrong AudioBook.
- CrispyoneFifty: Speaking for all of humanity, to all of humanity's future, I say "you should go download and listen to this AudioBook!"
As usual, the HPR_AudioBookClub took some time to review the beverages that each of us were drinking during the episode
- Thaj: Running late, just drinking water. I know LAME!
- x1101: Black Isle Organic Oatmeal Stout. Very little head, a cholate/coffee nose, as well as chocolate/coffee malt notes. Not overly fizzy, but not sudsy at all. Excellent. https://www.blackislebrewery.com/beer/Hibernator-Oatmeal-Stout.html
- pokey: I drank a Six Star Creatine fruit punch because I'm tired of looking like Ejoq. I have to go to the gym after the show, and this stuff seems to help with muscle recovery. It tastes pretty good. There's no funny artificial sweetener after taste, for which I'm very grateful. https://www.sixstarpro.com/products/creatinex3/
- pegwole: It's coffee. Its not a special one either, now shut up.
- CrispyoneFifty: Newcastle Werewolf Blood-Red Ale It's sweet up front, and leaves a sweet after taste, with a punch of bitter in between. You can definitely taste the rye in there too. https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/342/71106/
Spoilers Notesx1101's mental image of Bin Ragensten https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tBCFYZpXFTE/ULLWzqZ0X9I/AAAAAAAAAQ4/-w4FEX8atL8/s1600/Santa-Claus-Rise-Of-The-Guardians-600x375.jpg
OUR NEXT AUDIOBOOK
The Call of Cthulhu by H. P. Lovecraft
pegwole suggested this AudioBook, and we all thought that horror was a pretty good selection for our October recording.
We record the second Tuesday of every month at 20:00 Eastern US time Which = the second Wednesday of each month at 01:00z (unless its daylight saving time, then its the second Tuesday 24:00zhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Times If you'd like a Google calendar invite, or if you'd like to be on the HPR_AudioBookClub mailing list, please get in contact with us on the HPR mailing list 'hpr at hackerpublicradio dot org.' We're way behind on publishing, so if you want to join us, get in contact one of these ways and we'll let you know what the current book is.
Thank you very much for listening to this episode of the HPR_AudioBookClub. We had a great time recording this show, and we hope you enjoyed it as well. We also hope you'll consider joining us next time. Please leave a few words in the episode's comment section.
As always; remember to visit the HPR contribution page HPR could really use your help right now.
P.S. Some people really like finding mistakes. For their enjoyment, we always include a few.