- bought a couple of z80 old style computers
- found this searching youtube
- cosmac elf-rca 1802
- lee hart
- electrical engineer
- was there at the beginning of the computer revolution
- life long love of electric vehicles
- the kit
- piece of art
- z80 membership, minimum computer
- front panel gives self contained system
- boards, all parts and altoid tin
- great documentation, schematics, assembly guide and getting started
- the assembly
- great instructions
- easy to solder
- a few tricks to get the boards to fit in the tin
- i made a dedicated serial cable by modifying ftdi cable
- i made a battery pack
- front panel takes a bit of practice to use (locations of keys)
- found a z80 assembly language tutorial, hand assembly
- portable z80 machine to learn
- take away
- excellent kit
- if your looking for a gift, many to choose from
- excellent quality
Subscribe to the comments RSS feed.
Comment #1 posted on 2023-11-22 14:05:19 by Trey
This looks like it would be a very fun project. Reminds me of an old microcontroller project I built back around 1990 using an 8085 and a bunch of wirewrap. It would fit in a shoe box, but definitely would NOT fit into an Altoids tin.
Thank you for sharing.
Note to Verbose Commenters
If you can't fit everything you want to say in the comment below then you really should record a response show instead.
Note to Spammers
All comments are moderated. All links are checked by humans. We strip out all html. Feel free to record a show about yourself, or your industry, or any other topic we may find interesting. We also check shows for spam :).