hpr3526 :: HPR Community News for January 2022
HPR Volunteers talk about shows released and comments posted in January 2022
Hosted by HPR Volunteers on Monday 2022-02-07 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Community News.
Listen in ogg, spx, or mp3 format. | Comments (1)
Part of the series: HPR Community News
A monthly look at what has been going on in the HPR community. This is a regular show scheduled for the first Monday of the month.
There were no new hosts this month.
Last Month's Shows
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows released during the month or to past shows. There are 9 comments in total.
There are 4 comments on 4 previous shows:
- hpr3322 (2021-04-27) "Tune system performance with tuned" by klaatu.
Windigo on 2022-01-21:
"Lost udev episode"
I was surprised to hear you say you've never done an episode on udev, because I distinctly remember that episode! You were discussing creating your own udev rules to automatically run tasks upon inserting a USB drive.
It may be that you've never done an episode on HPR about it; I can't find it for the life of me.
Either way, thank you - as always - for the excellent episode. :)
- Comment 1: Windigo on 2022-01-21: "Lost udev episode"
- hpr3485 (2021-12-10) "50 years since the 1st Edition of Unix was published" by Ken Fallon.
wynaut on 2022-01-07:
"thanks great show"
agree with prev comment, listener who just turned 51 :)
- Comment 2: wynaut on 2022-01-07: "thanks great show"
- hpr3496 (2021-12-27) "How I record HPR Episodes" by norrist.
Reto on 2022-01-09:
"a good idea"
Thank you for this program and the introduction as a podcast.
I just downloaded the .zip from GitLab and while trying the commands, I realize a section with dependencies is missing. I think pip is too large, so, I usually do run it in an virtualenv.
In other Phython projects like here: https://github.com/jonaswinkler/paperless-ng/blob/master/requirements.txt you find a requirements.txt. I was wondering if you add one too?
- Comment 2: Reto on 2022-01-09: "a good idea"
- hpr3498 (2021-12-29) "Linux Inlaws S01E45: The Big Xmas New Year bash with the Grumpies" by monochromec.
operat0r on 2022-01-09:
"Love this show"
reminds me a little bit of udev random podcast. this one had a lot of laughs! You guys are my friends for now. Mine won't do anything.. Holidays are hard for some/most people. Shooting the shit and ranting are my fav podcast eps!
Take care of yourselves! your the only U you have!
- Comment 1: operat0r on 2022-01-09: "Love this show"
This month's shows
There are 5 comments on 5 of this month's shows:
- hpr3504 (2022-01-06) "James Webb Space Telescope" by Dave Morriss.
- Comment 1: dnt on 2022-01-06: "Mission control"
- hpr3505 (2022-01-07) "A DX with Hotel Bravo 9 Hotel November Tango" by beni.
- Comment 1: baffled on 2022-01-11: "Nice show!"
- hpr3510 (2022-01-14) "Syntax, Switches, and Help" by Ahuka.
- Comment 1: tuturto on 2022-01-17: "This brought some memories"
- hpr3516 (2022-01-24) "Rant about RX" by operat0r.
- Comment 1: Janedoc on 2022-01-26: "empathize with you"
- hpr3517 (2022-01-25) "Hp stream laptop with Lubuntu 20.04" by JWP.
- Comment 1: Jesse on 2022-01-25: "Monty Mint phone"
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the HPR server under Mailman.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:https://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/2022-January/thread.html
With the kind permission of LWN.net we are linking to The LWN.net Community Calendar.
Quoting the site:
This is the LWN.net community event calendar, where we track events of interest to people using and developing Linux and free software. Clicking on individual events will take you to the appropriate web page.
Any other business
Older HPR shows on archive.org
This month 120 additional shows in the range 1-870 have been uploaded.
The number of shows left to upload in this range is now: 124.
Automatically generated using whisper
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
whisper --model tiny --language en hpr3526.wav